Terms and conditions – GradFoto 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
<<Back to the GradFoto Award>>
- The GradFoto 2023 is a program of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale. Ballarat International Foto Biennale is also known and referred to as BIFB.
- All applicants must be of age 18 and over as of the closing date for the GradFoto 2023 Award, 4 January 2024.
- The award is open to all artistic tertiary students graduating from the following institutions: Auckland University of Technology; Canberra School of Art; Charles Darwin University; Charles Sturt University; Curtin University; Collarts; Deakin University; Edith Cowan University; Federation University Australia; Griffith University; LCI Melbourne; Melbourne Polytechnic; Monash University; Murdoch University; National Art School; North Metropolitan Tafe; Oxygen College; Photography Studies College; Queensland College of Art; RMIT University; Swinburne University of Technology; TAFE New South Wales; UNITEC; University of Auckland, University of Canterbury School of Fine Arts; University of New South Wales; University of Tasmania; University of Technology Sydney; University of Western Australia; University of Wollongong; Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne; Whitecliffe College of Art and Design; Whitehouse Institute of Design; and Whiti o Rehua School of Art, Massey University
- Entries must:
• be a series of photographic works that have been substantially produced by photographic means, including analogue and digital photography, collage and mixed media
• be a series of photographs comprising of no less than 1 image and up to 20
• be a finished project and have been executed and/or resolved within the year leading up to the deadline for submissions, that is after 1 January 2023
- The photographer/artist warrants that the work submitted is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party and that he or she owns all rights and interests in the work submitted. The photographer will indemnify and keep indemnified the Ballarat International Foto Biennale against any claim by a third party in relation to the work. If an entrant’s work is selected for exhibition, the organisers may require them to provide written evidence of their subject/s consent.
- Copyright ownership in all of the photographs entered and/or exhibited will remain with the photographer.
- One winning artist to receive a non-acquisitive cash prize of AUD $1,000 (inc. GST if applicable).
- One People’s Choice winning artist to receive a non-acquisitive cash prize of AUD $500 (inc. GST if applicable)
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale will edit artist statements for consistency before publication.
- Entries must be submitted via ballaratfoto.org as jpeg files of 20cm (longest side) @ 300dpi, accompanied by a completed entry, including an artist biography and series rationale. Finalists selected for the GradFoto 2023 will be required to provide Ballarat International Foto Biennale with subject consent forms if relevant.
- Entry is free.
- Any photographs that are watermarked will not be accepted.
- The judges will select up to 20 finalists from online digital images supplied. The overall winner and people’s choice award will be judged from the exhibited work.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale and the judges have absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry based on their interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of entry. The judges’ decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Photographers whose work/s have been chosen as finalists will be notified by email or telephone of their success by 19 January 2024. Unsuccessful entrants may not be personally notified. All entries selected as finalists will be displayed on ballaratfoto.org and may also be displayed on other social media at the discretion of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale.
- Each finalist grants to the Ballarat International Foto Biennale, touring partners and sponsors a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free licence to use his or her photographs, likeness and name accompanied with attribution to the artist, for advertising and promotion of the award and or for the Ballarat International Foto Biennale in any form of media now known or yet to be devised, both from the date the finalists are announced and in future years. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Ballarat International Foto Biennale is not liable to pay the finalists any fee, royalty or other form of remuneration for this right.
- All entrants agree to receive information and updates about the Ballarat International Foto Biennale through their nominated email address.
- The People’s Choice voting will be open from 12:01am 7 February 2024 and closes at 12:00am on Monday 4 March 2024.
- The winner of the People’s Choice award will be notified on Monday 4 March 2024.