Leica Camera Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Lecia Camera Giveaway – Terms and Conditions
- The “Leica Camera Giveaway” is organised by the Ballarat International Foto Biennale, referred to as ‘the organiser’ throughout these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be 14 years or older as of the closing date of the 2023 BIFB “Leica Camera Giveaway”, which is 23 October 2023, 11:59 pm AEST.
- Employees and relatives of the organisers of the competition and entities associated with the 2023 Ballarat International Foto Biennale are not eligible to enter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
To be eligible, entrants must:
* Follow both the organiser’s Instagram and Facebook accounts – @ballaratfoto
* Post and tag a photograph taken during the 2023 Ballarat International Foto Biennale festival (26 August to 22 October 2023) to their own Instagram and/or Facebook profile
* Capture the essence and spirit of the festival.
- The entrant affirms that the submitted photograph is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights, or other rights of any third party. The entrant also confirms ownership of all rights and interests in the photograph submitted. The entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Ballarat International Foto Biennale against any claims by third parties related to the photograph.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- The entry must not be used in promotional material for any other event or exhibition until the conclusion of the 2023 Ballarat International Foto Biennale Giveaway.
- Copyright ownership in all entered photographs will remain with the photographer.
- Entries must be submitted via ballaratfoto Instagram and/or Facebook with the hashtag #bifbleicaprize, and also by tagging BIFB (@ballaratfoto) in the post.
- Watermarked photographs will not be accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The organiser will select the winning entry based on its eligibility as per item 5.
- The organiser holds absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry based on their interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of entry. The organiser’s decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by direct message of their success via Messenger by Friday 27 October 2023. Unsuccessful entrants will not be personally notified.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Entry in this promotion indicates agreement by the entrant for the photograph to be displayed on ballaratfoto.org and may also be displayed on other social media platforms at the discretion of the organiser.
- The winner will receive one Leica Camera D-Lux 7.
- Each entrant grants to the organiser a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free license to use their photograph for advertising and promotion of the Prize or the Ballarat International Foto Biennale in any form of media now known or yet to be devised, both from the date the winner is announced and in future years. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the organiser is not liable to pay the finalists any fee, royalty, or other form of remuneration for this right.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
(Updated September 2023)