We respectfully acknowledge the Wadawurrung and
Dja Dja Wurrung people - traditional custodians of the
land on which we live and work.
In Focus Portfolio Reviews Terms and Conditions
- The Photographic Portfolio Reviews is part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale. Ballarat International Foto Biennale is also known and referred to as BIFB.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older as of the closing date of the 1 January 2019. The award is open to all Nationalities.
- Photographers from all disciplines with a keen interest or expertise in photographic media can apply.
- Employees and relatives of the organisers of the competition and of the 2019 Ballarat International Foto Biennale entities are not eligible to enter.
- Copyright for the Photographic Portfolio Reviews rests with BIFB.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale will edit all copy, including but not limited to: biographies, statements etc. for consistency before publication.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale have absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry based on their interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of entry. The decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Finalists will be notified by email or telephone of their success by 19 July 2019. Unsuccessful entrants will not be personally notified. Selected as finalists will be announced on ballaratfoto.org and may also be displayed on other social media at the discretion of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale.
- Up to 38 photographic artists will be selected for the 2019 BIFB Photographic Portfolio Reviews as part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale in Ballarat, Victoria, on Thursday 29 August 2019.
- All photographic artists must sign and return an agreement form that will be emailed to them when they are notified. Selected photographic artists must be available to participate for the entirety of the Photographic Portfolio Reviews on Thursday 29 August 2019.
- Selected photographic artists will each receive three portfolio reviews, this is non-transferrable.
- Selected photographic artists are responsible for all expenses including but not limited to: travel to and from Ballarat, spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, tickets for events/activities outside the parameters of the Photographic Portfolio Reviews, tickets for events/activities not associated with BIFB etc.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken during the Photographic Portfolio Reviews, without the express written permission of those included within the photograph/video. BIFB may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by BIFB including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- All entrants agree to receive information and updates about the Ballarat International Foto Biennale through their nominated email address.