28 Aug – 24 Oct 2021
Open Program Terms and Conditions
- The Open Program is part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale. Ballarat International Foto Biennale is also known and referred to as BIFB.
- Open Program shows are exhibited by agreement between you (the artist) and your venue. Participation in the festival program is by payment of a registration fee to the BIFB.
- Open Program Artist Registration fees are:
- Artist Registration $450 AUD
- Artist Registration + Annual Friend Membership $375 AUD ($330 + $45)
- Student Artist Registration $360 AUD
- Insurance of works against theft or damage is the artist’s responsibility.
- Sales of works, commissions, payments and schedules are subject to agreement between you (the artist) and your venue.
- All shows will be hung no later than Friday 27 August 2021 and will remain hanging at least until the close of BIFB 2021 on 24 October 2021.
- Installation and de-installation of your show is the artist’s responsibility, and must conform to the mentioned dates.
- Opening hours for your show and its supervision are subject to an agreement between you (the artist) and your venue.
- Making, framing and presentation of the artist’s show is entirely the artist’s responsibility.
- BIFB will supply artists with one either A3 OR A4 didactic (text supplied by artist), one BIFB decal (for venue window), and one BIFB A frame (for outside venue) for the duration of the 2021 BIFB. Artists will also receive an artwork label template (digital file) for use if required.
- Transport of items for your show to and from the venue is the artist’s responsibility.
- The announcement date/s of the First Prize of $2,000 AUD (inc. gst if applicable) and the People’s Choice Award of $500 AUD (inc. gst if applicable) is TBC.
- The judges’ decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All artwork must be removed by no later than 29 October 2021.
- Registered Open Program artists become subscribers of BIFB.
- If an artist registers and is unable to book a venue a full refund will be offered.
- Once the artist is registered and venue booked any show cancellations up until the close of registration on 31 May 2021 are entitled to a full refund, less $80 administration charge.
- Shows cancelled after 31 May 2021 up until the submission of program materials deadline on 18 June 2021 will be entitled to a refund less $80 administration fee only if a replacement show can be found for their venue. If a replacement show cannot be found the refund will be less a $200 administration fee.
- Shows cancelled after 18 June 2021 are not entitled to a refund.
- If a venue closes or goes out of business between your registration and the festival, we will make all endeavours to find an alternative venue. If a suitable replacement space cannot be found your registration fee will be refunded in full.