28 Aug – 24 Oct 2021
In Focus Curator Forum Terms and Conditions
- The In Focus Curator Forum is part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale. Ballarat International Foto Biennale is also known and referred to as BIFB.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older as of the closing date of the 7 March 2021. The program is open to all Nationalities.
- Curators from all disciplines with a keen interest or expertise in photographic media can apply. You must be regarded as emerging to mid career and be able to commit to travel to Ballarat and stay for 5 nights (subject to travel restrictions).
- Employees and relatives of the organisers of the competition and of the 2021 Ballarat International Foto Biennale entities are not eligible to enter.
- Copyright for the In Focus Curator Forum rests with BIFB.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale will edit all copy, including but not limited to: biographies, statements etc. for consistency before publication.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale have absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry based on their interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of entry. The decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their success by 31 March 2021. Unsuccessful entrants will not be personally notified. Selected finalists will be announced on ballaratfoto.org and may also be displayed on other social media at the discretion of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale.
- Up to 10 finalists will be selected for the 2021 BIFB In Focus Curator Forum Finalist Exhibition as part of the Ballarat International Foto Biennale in Ballarat, Victoria, from Monday 30 August to Thursday 2 September 2021.
- All finalists must sign and return an agreement form that will be emailed to them when they are notified. Finalists must be available to participate for the entirety of the In Focus Curator Forum 30 August – 2 September 2021.
- Finalists will each receive,
- Travel and transfers to and from Ballarat
- Five nights accommodation 29 August – 2 September 2021 in accomodation organised by the BIFB
- AUD $50 per day per diem allowance
- Invitations to VIP openings
- Finalists are responsible for all other expenses not covered by the program including but not limited to: spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), tickets for events/activities outside the parameters of the In Focus Curator Forum, tickets for events/activities not associated with BIFB etc.
- The Ballarat International Foto Biennale reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken during the In Focus Curator Forum, without the express written permission of those included within the photograph/video. BIFB may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by BIFB including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
- All entrants agree to receive information and updates about the Ballarat International Foto Biennale through their nominated email address.