Terms and Conditions
- Fringe Program shows are exhibited by agreement between you, the artist, and your venue. Participation in the festival program is by payment of a registration fee to the BIFB.
- Insurance of works against theft or damage is your responsibility.
- Sales of works, commissions, payments and schedules are subject to agreement between you, the artist, and your venue.
- All shows will be hung no later than Friday 18 August 2017 and will remain hanging at least until the close of BIFB 17 on 17 September 2017.
- Installation and de-installation of your show is your responsibility, and must conform to the mentioned dates.
- Opening hours for your show and its supervision are subject to an agreement between you, the artist, and your venue.
- Making, framing and presentation of your show is entirely your responsibility.
- Transport of items for your show to and from the venue is your responsibility.
- A 2017 Fringe Exhibitors Manual will be sent to you and will also be available on the website – ballaratfoto.org – for additional information about the program. It is the responsibility of you, the artist, to ensure it is read and followed.
- All artwork must be removed by no later than 20th September 2017.
- Registered Fringe Artists become subscribers of BIFB 17.
Shows cancelled up until the close of registration on 31 May are entitled to a full refund, less $80 administration charge.
Shows cancelled after 31 May up until the submission of program materials deadline on 15 June 2017 will be entitled to a refund less $80 administration fee only if a replacement show can be found for their venue. If a replacement show cannot be found the refund will be less a $200 administration fee.
Shows cancelled after 15 June 2017 are not entitled to a refund.
If a venue closes or goes out of business between your registration and the festival, we will make all endeavours to find an alternative venue. If a suitable replacement space can’t be found your registration fee will be refunded in full.